Home » Porcelain » Sèvres Porcelain » AV103

Item # AV103


[Click on image to enlarge]

A Late 19th Century Sèvres Style Parcel-Gilt Porcelain Jardinière

 

Finely painted with numerous colored flowers with green and gold trim, gilt ram heads on either side.

 

In late 1739 - early 1740 the Sèvres Porcelain Factory opened in the Royal Château of Vincennes, Sixteen years later in 1756 the factory moved to the village of Sèvres located outside of Paris and in route to Louis XV's Palace of Versailles where it became the preeminent porcelain manufacturer in Europe. When the company ran into financial difficulties, the King who had become an avid client bought out the shareholders and became the sole owner. The factory remained in the royal family until it was nationalized following the French Revolution.  

The range of objects produced in the first half of the nineteenth century was enormous, as were the types of decoration that they employed. The Sèvres factory produced ninety-two new designs for vases. The factory is still in production today.


Item # AV103

Details
Height: 12 inches / 30cm
Width: 15 inches / 38cm
Depth: 12 inches / 30cm

Additional Views


[Click on image to enlarge]

Contact us regarding this item