Home » Decorative Objects » Vases & Urns » CC856

Item # CC856


[Click on image to enlarge]

A Pair of Late 19th Century Bronze Mounted Sèvres Style Iridescent Vases
Signed V. Bernard

 

Each of elongated baluster form, finely painted romatic scene , the reverse a river scene with a castle in the back ground, within gilt scroll surrounds.

 

In late 1739- early 1740 the Sèvres Porcelain Factory opened in the Royal Château of Vincennes, Sixteen years later in 1756 the factory moved to the village of Sèvres located outside of Paris and in route to Louis XV's Palace of Versailles where it became the preeminent porcelain manufacturer in Europe. When the company ran into financial difficulties, the King who had become an avid client bought out the shareholders and became the sole owner. The factory remained in the royal family until it was nationalized following the French Revolution.  

The range of objects produced in the first half of the nineteenth century was enormous, as were the types of decoration that they employed. The Sèvres factory produced  ninety-two new designs for vases. The factory is still in production today.


Item # CC856

Sizes
Height: 21 inches / 53cm
Width: 4.5 inches / 11cm

Additional Views


[Click on image to enlarge]

Contact us regarding this item